Professional Writing BA Program (90 credit BA)
Professional Writing Program (PRWR) students will take 36 credits in the major, including the following:
1000-level (9 credits)
- AP/WRIT 1003 6.0 Professional Writing: An Introduction
- AP/WRIT 1004 3.0 Research for Professional Writers
2000-level (15 credits)
- AP/WRIT 2003 6.0 Genre for Professional Writers
- AP/WRIT 2004 3.0 Writing in Digital Cultures
- AP/PRWR 2006 3.0 Fundamentals of Editing
- AP/PRWR 2007 3.0 Rhetoric: Strategy and Application
3000-level (12 credits)
- 12 credits selected from among the 3000-level courses in PRWR and/or WRIT.
Beginning in Fall 2016, students complete 6 credits from among the following 3000-level courses:
- AP/WRIT 3001 3.0 Intermediate Digital Authoring
- AP/WRIT 3002 3.0 Introduction to Periodical Writing and Publishing
- AP/WRIT 3003 3.0 Introductions to Institutional/Business Writing
- AP/WRIT 3004 3.0 Introduction to Books and Bookmaking in the 21st Century
Both those students who enter the program in 2016 and those who entered the program earlier but have not completed their 3000-level core course requirements, may take the courses listed above.
See the Degree Checklist for complete degree requirements.